Thursday, July 7, 2011

how to tell how much a dental procedure will cost with 2 insurances?

Last year I got a root canal at a dentist and they were able to tell me how much it would approximately cost after running it through both of my insurances. Now I moved to a different city and went to the dentist and was told I need a root canal and some other dental work. I asked if they could run it through my insurances to find out the estimation and the secretary seemed really busy and told me to call myself because insurances sometimes do not share that information with providers. I am stressed because I don't know how to talk to my insurance about dental procedures. Is there a way for dentist offices to find out an estimated price using two insurances? Also I have noticed prices for root canals range from $612 to $780 and was wondering if they are all about the same price after running it through the insurance? The "before" insurance price on this dental work is $2,500 and I would love to know the "after" using two insurances price before going in. Is it normal for dental offices to tell patients themselves to call to get an estimate? or are they suppose to find out for the patient?
--------------------
The dental office should either have all the information on their computer, especially if they deal often with the insurance company. Other wise they should have the contact phone numbers to call and get the information. And lastly if the insurance company has questions and needs to see any x-rays or have the paper work for a pre authorization, the dental office can provide them with it. It is a responsibility for the dental office and not for the patient to have to assume. If they refuse to provide this service for you, I would switch to another office. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment