Thursday, July 7, 2011

Am I paying to much for Health Insurance? ?

So decided to sign up for my company's Health Insurance up to this point I've been in the military so been covered 100% through them. So my question is what is the standard amount that people pay. Right now they are charging $69 per week which includes me and my son. I make to much money for Government assisted Health Insurance (52,000/year). So just wondering if this is high or normal rate. I also signed up for Dental for $12 a week is that normal too? What you think??
--------------------
That is a pretty good rate. Health Insurance primarily depends on your age. There are rate sheets available online with any company that underwrites health insurance. Two hundred and eighty bucks a month isn't that bad, plus you can't really compete with employee coverage. I'm not sure if your group coverage is through HealthNet or Golden Rule, but I found that those are the two most competitive in my state of Connecticut. Usually individual Dental add-on's are about $15/month so that is average as well. Again, the rate all depends on your age, however if your deductible is low and there is no co-insurance, you honestly cannot beat that in today's market.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment