Thursday, July 7, 2011

Should my husband put me on his health insurance?

My hubby took me off of his policy last year and I've been without this whole year. Thank the universe nothing too serious happened to me that I couldn't take care of either myself or with the help of my stepmother-the-super-herbalist, I've been rationing my contacts usage and keeping super glue and tape around for my ancient glasses. But open enrollment is this week and he told me that if I really want to go back on his insurance that he will put me on it, but it's going to cost us an extra couple hundred dollars a month. We thought about just putting me on his Dental and Vision as those are things, I know right now, that I need, but I still fear that my accident prone self and my way-out-of-whack blood sugar will kick my patootie and without ins. I'll be in big trouble. Any suggestions? Can he drop me from his insurance if somehow I become eligible for affordable ins. somewhere else?
--------------------
YES ok, it's an extra couple of hundred dollars a month, but if you need to go to the ER for anything, it's going to be a couple extra thousand dollars for a while. that's just for the visit, imagine if you need an x-ray, an mri, a ct, blood work, or operation. you could be paying for years.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment