Wednesday, July 20, 2011

unexplainable chipped tooth?

I woke up this morning and as I was laying in bed, the bottom of my front tooth felt rough and like the enamel was flaking off. I looked in the mirror and a little piece of it was chipped off. How could this have happened as I don't remember hitting my mouth or anything. Is it important to have this fixed or anything? I don't have dental insurance, and the appearance doesn't bother me as much as the worry that it could cause something more serious.
--------------------
Here is what happened. You had stress cracks in your teeth (or that particular tooth). When you bite on something hard - even things like raw carrots or an apple, as an example - could cause the stress crack to break away the enamel. Perhaps you were eating peanuts or someother hard items. It does not take too much to cause a break off if it is already cracked. Some people get these cracks. This is not normal, however nothing to be alarmed about either. You SHOULD consult a dentist and have this one fixed. They have a plastic cure with ultraviolet that is placed on this crack (or cracks) and prevent it (them) from causing further damage. What will happen if you do not fix this? The bacteria will find room in the broken tooth and it will cause further serious damage like puss, bleeding etc.. The break is a warning that you have to attend to it right away. Do not put it off any longer for the sake of better oral hygiene. In life, some unexpected expenses like this do occur.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment