Monday, August 22, 2011

Can I sue for broken tooth? Was eating a Soft SlimJim.?

Can I actually sue for atleast the Cost after breaking my tooth while eating a slim jim? Ok, I was out of town at a friends house and sitting around the other night watching movies. After just getting back from the store, buying a snack package of Slim Jims. After biting into one of the Slim Jims I bit into something, Super hard, like a bone or a rock. I heard the Crack, horrible sound, and felt the immediate pain to follow. So I spit out what was in my mouth onto a papertowel. And out came part of my tooth. We found what seems to look like a small peice of bone. This was at 1030 at night. So nothing I could do. The following morning, after trying to sleep with this uncomfortable pain. Not excrutiating, but very uncomfortable. I was able to get ahold of a dentist pretty early. Then I proceeded to contact ConAgra foods and let them know of what had happened. The woman I was on the phone with, offerd me 4 free coupons, and a $30 check. I knew I had a serious tooth problem, so I declined their offer and said I wanted to file a complaint. So they transferred me to another department. They took all my information, not asking me too many questions about what happened. And then told me that they cant discuss further with me until I have written them a letter, either by Email or fax. I went to the Dentist, The back half of my tooth was gone, I only found a small portion of my tooth and a peice of (something red and hard) after breaking my tooth. Xrays were done, and I was told that I needed a crowning done on my tooth. So, I had to agree, my tooth was so broken and tore up, that throughout the night, it also had made my tonge sore and raw just from talking. After the Dental work was completed (5.5 hours) And thank goodness I have dental insurance. I have to go back in 3 weeks and have a permanent crown put on it the place of this temporary crown. The work all together cost $1900. With $250 of it is from my out of pocket expense. Is there anything that can be done? I mean I have the fragments from whatever was in that darned slimjim. And this really sucks, I cant eat on that side of my mouth yet, its super sensitive and sore. This isnt the first time Ive had a problem with Slim Jims in the past month. Recently we had bought a package, and over half of them were bad. Some of the small packages inside, werent even sealed all the way. And some were covered in salt granules. So I called them then, and they sent me a coupon to replace the package. But I dont want my package replaced, I want reimbursed for atleast my tooth being worked on. Some kind of compensation would be great. This isnt fun, by all means. Sorry this is so long, But can anyone tell me if I will get any justice out of this? I have decent teeth. No gum disease, ive never even had as much as a cracked tooth. Though I do have 2 fillings. Ive taken pretty good care of my teeth.
--------------------
I don't think so. It's a pretty stupid reason to sue. Sounds like you just want some cash from it. :\
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment