Monday, August 22, 2011

How to keep gingivitis bacteria low with major tooth decay, during pregnancy to avoid preterm labor?

Gingivitis, tooth decay, gum disease, the bacterias from these diseases/ conditions are known for causing pre-term labor and low birth weight babies. I want my child to be healthy, I also want to stop the pain in my mouth/ teeth. I dont have dental insurance, but I will be going to the dentist within 1 month to get some help. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to keep these bacterias at bay, so that they do not cause harm to my unborn child? I can not floss, due to tooth decay near the gums of my teeth, the floss just gets stuck and I have a hard time getting it back out, there is no way for me to floss with dental floss. I have tried to use the water pic to floss, this used to work, but I have a couple exposed nerves and it hurts so bad when the water pic sends water hitting into the nerve. I have covered most of the exposed nerves with temorin, over the counter temporary cavity filler. I think I will try to use the water pic again now that the nerves are not so exposed. Other than this what can keep these bacterias from going crazy and causing more harm? Gargling salt water? Listerine? Brushing 2 times a day. What else can I do? Thanks in advance, best wishes to you all, and God bless you.
--------------------
you are doing exactly the same tips that will be given by a dentist & you should be doing great with that. the problem is due to the already damage teeth which is causing the problems. second trimester is the best time for any dental treatment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment