Monday, August 22, 2011

My crown fell off. It was broken from the gum level yesterday.?

My crown was broken from the gum level yesterday, when I started eating a ciabata sandwitch. I think that it is less than three or four years old. There is no pain. This crown has a tiny pink dot in the middle of the real tooth of mine which is small in the middle. All my crowns were done by my dentist in CO, but now I am in CA. I do not have a dental insurnace right now but can buy it. I would like to know what kind of coverage that I should get from my dental insurance considering the treatment that I need to get from this. This broken crown has much empty space around the side and broken almost very evenly leveled. What do I need to do, until I find a dentist in SF? Any advice would help me a lot. Thanks.
--------------------
MARIAN, A GENERAL DENTAL INSURANCE, SUCH AS BLUECROSS/BLUE-SHIELD IS A GOOD ONE. THE FACT THAT THE CROWN WAS AT THE LEVEL OF GUM MEANS THAT THIS TOOTH WILL NEED A ROOT CANAL, POST, AND NEW CROWN. THE ROOT CANAL IS NEEDED SO A POST CAN BE PLACED, AND THE POST IS NEEDED SO THAT A BUILDUP ON TOP OF THE CAN HOLD THE NEW CROWN. THE COST OF ALL THIS WORK WILL BE EXTENSIVE. HAVE CONSIDERED EXTRACTION WITH A FUTURE IMPLANT? ps; no dental insurance pays for implants
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment