Monday, August 22, 2011

Medical Insurance?

I have been on my job for just about 5 months now and still have no benefits. the reasons are very complicated and unfortunate so i have decided that i want to start looking at medical, dental, vision plans on my own, mostly medical. This is my first job, i am 18 and am also very new to all of this, are there any shopping tips or pointers i should consider? or may i have some of your own personal stories about your endevour through this little subject i present to you?
--------------------
There are many things to consider. One being look for a job that will give you better benefits, but I am guessing that may be hard to do for you. I would also consider getting on one of your parent's medical health plans via their job. Typically, you can be covered as long as you prove you are a student working full-time up until the age of 24 or 25. If you are a student, you can look at the options for health insurance via the college or university you are going to. If thats not possible, you can always try to get independant quotes for insurances like United Healthcare, Aetna, Unicare (not very good). Overall, I must add, it will be VERY, VERY expensive for you to get private insurance. Best of luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment