Monday, August 8, 2011

My mouth/teeth hurt soooooooooo bad?

About a week ago I started noticing bad pain in my lower left molar area. As a brief history, I used to suffer from bulimia so I'm used to dental pain - and actually the embarassment of the cause of the problems made me refrain from dental care for a LONG time. It is so bad that I actually called to find about going to a dentist (it's been years, i know, that's bad) but my dental insurance doesnt kick in until May 1. I called to try to schedule an appointment asap after the 1st, and every dentist i've called said it wont be until JUNE. I can't even wait five days I sure cant wait over a month. I tried to tell them it was an emergency, that i cant eat, cant sleep, cant do anything, but they said june is their first available for new paitents. should i go to the ER? what could they do to me? I know I have an absess as well as 2 broken teeth and wisdom teeth pushing through. I know they'll probably say make a dental appt, but can they do anything to help in the meantime?
--------------------
I'm sorry, that REALLY sucks!! EVERY dentist I've ever been to has an emergency policy! Keep calling around, SOMEONE has to be able to get you in. Just GO there (to the dentist, not the ER) if you have to!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment