Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Corporate-transferring health/dental insurance into spouses name?

My husband and I have worked at the same corporation for the past 11 years. Our health/dental insurance is in my name since I make slightly more than him. I am thinking of quitting since childcare is becoming unaffordable and it make more sense for me to stay home with our child. My concern is health insurance coverage. How long would it take for the insurance to transfer into my husband's name? I don't want to be without it in case anyone of us becomes sick. It would be hard for me to speak to someone in our Benefits department since a buzz would start with my question and I haven't made any real decisions yet. Any information out there?
--------------------
No, you don't have to wait until November. Losing coverage, by you quitting your job, is a "qualifying event" for your husband, and he can change his insurance election. The link below is to the applicable law. Don http://mtnhealthinsurance
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment