Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Need dental work, but I don't have insurance?

I haven't been to the dentist in a few years and now I really need to go. I probably have at least a few cavities and may need some crowns and/or root canals. I don't have any dental insurance so I would like to pay as little as possible while at the same time getting quality care. Can anyone recommend a good dental discount plan or dental insurance plan that I could buy that would take effect immediately? I also need to find a good dentist locally (Austin, TX) - so can anyone recommend a dentist or tell me a good place to look for one online? Thanks.
--------------------
you can actually check with your local university, If they have a dental program you can actually save big bucks with opting for this alternative. its the same type of treatment you would get at a regular dental office but the catch is you are being treated by a student. the students are carefully supervised by dentists so rest assured! you wont be some lab rat :o) I would call asap b/c they do have a waiting list and sometimes it will take a couple months before you can go in. You can also check your state dental page they may have recommendations. I found this website http://www.fcresidents.org/index.php?opt… they have offices which offer sliding scale. they base it off your income. these also tend to be pretty booked so if you go that route remember to call asap :o) I too dont have dental insurance and I know how much it sucks to pay full price for dental work.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment