Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How much does dental insurance cover for wisdom tooth removal?

How much of the total fees will my dental insurance cover for getting a couple wisdom teeth taken out? I know it can vary, but I would like a ballpark estimate. I know it's 150 per tooth for a normal extraction before insurance, which isn't horrible... but it's twice as much if it requires a surgical removal. Which leads me to another question. When do they do surgical removals? Do the teeth have to be impacted? Mine are not impacted, but they are party covered by gums in the back (which is causing the pain that makes me want them removed). It still looks like they could get a grip on them though.
--------------------
Your medical insurance may also cover the costs of getting them out. It would say, "surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth". It sounds like you fall in this category. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment