Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dental Problem and No Insurance!?

I have an impacted wisdom tooth and it's causing me extreme pain. The tooth itself isn't, it's the gum around it. I can't eat hardly and it hurts to open my mouth. I live in Sumter, Sc and none of the doctors will take me because I don't have dental insurance or a large amount of money to pay at once. Also a few of the have something call carecredit, well I've been turned down by that. I will go to Columbia, SC if I have to. Can anyone give me advice? Only serious people please answer, I'm in pain and do not feel like reading dumb answers. Thank You.
--------------------
It's infected. To help relieve some or all of the pain I would suggest the following: 1 teaspoon of baking soda + 1 teaspoon of salt + small amount of water = paste you rub that on and around the gum area where it is infected. You can also try swishing warm salt water around your mouth a few times daily as this will help as well. If you are not allergic to bananas I would also recommend eating those as well since they are a natural form of penicillin which will help kill your infection. I hope this helps you out a bit until you can find a better solution to have it pulled. I don't live in the US to offer any valued dental referrals on your current situation although I did come across this : http://www.discountdental4u.net/ASAP2.htm?source=SP_aetna I thought it may help your situation. Good luck! Edit: I looked up on Ameriplan and there are two Dentist who currently accept: Wesmark Family Dentistry James Denny 360 W Wesmark Blvd Sumter SC 29150 (803) 469-2060 General Dentistry Lime Fee Schedule Extractions, Endodontics, Periodontics, Full Dentures, Cosmetic Dentistry, Mon 8-5; Tue 8-5; Wed 8-5; Thu 8-5 Wesmark Family Dentistry R Charles Hurst Jr 360 W Wesmark Blvd Sumter SC 29150 (803) 469-2060 General Dentistry Lime Fee Schedule Extractions, Endodontics, Periodontics, Full Dentures, Cosmetic Dentistry, Mon 8-5; Tue 8-5; Wed 8-5; Thu 8-5
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment