Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Can my ex-husband's girlfriend put my children on her insurance?

My ex-husband and his girlfriend (and her children) recently moved in together. He and I have joint custody of our 2 children. They're with him during the week due to school. He carries their medical/dental insurance, but she added them to her policy and takes them to the doctor if they get sick. She even signs authorizations for treatment. Since they're not married, is this legal? No one tells me they're sick or injured until I find out later and ask about it. My kids are teenagers but have been told not to give me any information. They've become disrespectful and tell me they don't want to spend time with me anymore. They're calling her "mom" now. I don't have the money to fight him in court. No matter what I say or do, it's not right in their opinion. I try not to say anything bad about them in front of the kids, but I'm being pushed out of my kids lives and it's breaking my heart...any suggestions?
--------------------
Seems YOU have problems! If he has given her authority, and her employer allows it they can be added to her insurance and she can take them for medical care (same authority commonly given to babysitters) This is a good thing in that they have medical care! Because they are teenagers there would be no need to fight for them in court, they have the right of choice. It is good that your ex has moved on, and that your children are happy in the enviroment that is provided-BTW sounds like the decision to call her "MOM" is theirs! From your statements I understand why the children were told not to give you any information! YOU need help in order to move on with your life! When you move on your children will return!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment