Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Long story short the root canal I had long ago broke and is showing my gums, there is an opening?

between the teeth? So the whole will show the gums, what should I do to make sure that I can get tooth pulled, or what will I need to do to keep the tooth in tact? What should I do, get extraction or is the gums ok like this will this cause infection. I have dental insurance, but I dont know what will be paid for the tooth, what should be done, extraction? Is this considered and emergency because if it is, then I might be able to get the work done. I cant go to dentist because I have bad cold?
--------------------
If the tooth is broken and you can see your gum it doesn't sound salvageable. To be sure see a dentist asap. Since the tooth is dead you should not feel any pain. I had a root canal tooth break after many years and there was no pain whatsoever. It's usually a good idea to have a crown put on a tooth that has had a root canal since the tooth will become brittle over time.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment