Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Is it possible to pull a decaying tooth yourself?

Hello! For about a year now I have had a decaying tooth, but I currently have no dental insurance. I called a dentist office and they said it would cost around 700 bucks to get it pulled. If I can't afford insurance right now, I sure as hell can't afford that. What it looks like I'm going to have to do is pull it myself, so I was looking for any advice someone could offer me to do so (how to do it, what to do afterwords, etc.). Any help or opinions would be great. Thanks!
--------------------
You can do it yourself, however it takes some serious testicular fortitude. Depending on where the tooth is at, how decayed, and how well rooted - you might be able to tie a piece of fishing line around it tightly, tie the other end to a door knob, do about three shots of whiskey, and proceed with the old 'slam, scream, and pass out' technique. The problem is that a lot of decayed teeth are still very well rooted (sometimes the roots will even curl up around the jaw and make it even more difficult to get them out). I have had a few fillings fall out, and the teeth crack. One or two I removed almost totally by myself as they disintigrated, but I had to go to the dentist and pay a fortune to have an impacted wisdom tooth extracted before it got infected. Check around and see if you can find someplace to do it cheaper - check with local walk in clinics to see if anyone does inexpensive extractions. Good luck! Teeth suck!! I've been taking better care of mine, but I still need a ton of dental work. I have insurance now, but it's still expensive as f**k.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment