Sunday, April 3, 2011

Anyone have MetLife insurance....?

I've finally recieved my paperwork for getting dental insurance through my hubby's work plan.. I'm not sure how this is suppose to go but this doesn't sound right to me... The papers state that AFTER I've begin paying the $36 bi-weekly rate, I will have a 6 month wait before I can have any procedures done at all... 12 month wait for cavity fillings..there is a $1000 max coverage they pay. I had done some research & their websites states they pay 80%, nothing was mentions about not being able to use automatically. Does Insurance really have a 6 month+ waiting period??? This just seems insane to me & a total rip off. If you have Metlife &/or can explain how this insurance is going to save me money, I'd really like to hear from you.
--------------------
It's likely correct. If you had continuous coverage for dental just prior to signing up for your husband's plan, then the coverage would begin immediately. If you were without coverage, then you must have some pre-existing problems that have to wait. It's standard stuff. It's not just MetLife, it's most insurance companies.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment