Sunday, April 3, 2011

How much does insurance really cover for braces?

Ok, so I need braces, and I have given up on the idea of getting them for cheaper, and have found a place where they are really resonable. Anyway I just graduated college and have some money where I can probably swing it right now, but would definatly struggle with student loans. Anyway...I will have a job within a couple months with dental insurance, and I really need to get braces before my wedding in 2 years, any way is it worth waiting for the insurance, or should I just jump in now, if anyone has any examples they can give me I would be so happy...just like how much got knocked off with their insurance, all I want is an example! Thanks!
--------------------
That totally depends on the insurance plan you choose. Mine is Metlife and it covers 70% for things like that. Which, according to my dentist, is pretty good. If you know you are getting insurance in a couple of months, I'd wait. Personal health plans with dental can cost around $1,000 per month if you get it on your own. Whereas, you will likely only pay about $80 a month through a work plan.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment