Sunday, April 3, 2011

What are some dental fixes for broken teeth?

I have a SUPER fear of dentists, to the point that I have to be knocked out before they can even clean my teeth....I also have not had dental insurance since 2000. The last time I went the dentist actually flubbed the job and now I have cavities in teeth that he drilled and never fixed. I have a few teeth in front that are cracked in 1/2 for various reasons. All of my damaged teeth are in the front and they keep getting worse because I have no cash or courage to go to the dentist. I cant even smile like most people - its always closed mouth and I hate having to hide my real smile. I am going to be receiving a settlement in the next month or so that is about $8000 - I cant afford veneers or lumineers so does anyone know a way to fix this? I dont want to go with just fillings because I think many of my teeth are beyond the point where a filling can fix them.....anyone offer any different avenues to persue??
--------------------
Hmm... If you don't want veneers or fillings then i guess the other option is crowns. They come in different types depending on their composition and function. And generally speaking they are much cheaper then veneers. I can't guide you on the prices because I'm not practicing in the States. You know there is another way in which a dentist can use "filling" material to "build" the lost tooth material in the anterior teeth. They might have to place a post-core if there is insufficient tooth material left, but it can be done and the results are very pleasing aesthetically. Plus it costs less then all the other options. You'll have to find a dentist who specializes in this kind of thing, usually that's a cosmetic dentist. All you have to do is make sure the dentist you go to comes highly recommended. One more thing: the cause of your tooth decay could be something other than not going to a dentist. Many people have never visited dentists and yet their teeth are in good condition without professional interference. Take a look at your diet, brushing techniques, and even family history. Acute progressive caries usually has a fixed cause that can be found and eliminated. If you don't remove the cause then all treatment will eventually fail because your teeth would continue to decay and undermine all restorations. Hope that helped. Dr. Sami
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment