Sunday, April 3, 2011

TMJD, Impacted Wisdom teeth, no insurance?

I haven't had dental insurance in eight years. Until about four years ago, this was simply a minor nuisance. I got my first cavity while pregnant with my first child at this time. I had hyperemesis gravidarum throughout my pregnancy and the constant throwing up ruined the enamel on my teeth. i have always had TMJD, and my jawbones are really undersized for the teeth that are already there. My wisdom teeth began to grow in a couple years ago, they are trying to find room to grow and are causing my other teeth to shift. Now, it looks like an atom bomb went off in my mouth, and i have constant abscesses, a permanent foul taste of pus in my mouth (sorry if too much detail) and intense pain in my jawbone, eardrum, and eyebrow. its pretty much constant, and i go through a couple tubes of orajel a day and am ruining my liver on naproxen and aspirin. I went to the ER a month ago because the pain and pressure in my eardrum was so intense i thought it was going to bust. When I was triaged, my BP was 177/122 and i was given some benzocaine drops for my ear. But, there was really nothing they could do understandably. My state does not offer any assistance for uninsured adults with dental problems if they are over 21 and my job doedoesn'tfer insurance. My question is, what can I do, and what will happen if this continues?
--------------------
You have got to come up with enough money to get those wisdom teeth pulled. Your health is at risk from this infection all the time not to mention the pain it causes. This infection can spread and go systemic throughout your body if you are not careful and then you would be in trouble. Call around to the various dentists and ask them if they can set you up on a payment plan of some kind. If you have a job, then you might have a credit card you could use. What will happen if this continues? If the infection is left untreated and goes systemic throughout the body, it can kill you at the worst. At the least, the infections will continue to bother you and you are going to have to put more money into pain control and treatments for the abscesses. They will make your health deteriorate as you are finding out.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment