Thursday, July 14, 2011

I have a horrible toothache and I found an old...?

prescription with two pills left that the dentist gave me when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I don't have dental insurance and my husband lost his job a month ago. It's called hydrocodone. Is this ok to take for this reason?
--------------------
That is a pain medication that will help temporarily with the pain. If you have a toothache, you probably have an infection in that particular tooth and you will also need an antibiotic from your dentist. Two pain pills aren't going to last very long. Also, for discomfort, you can take 800 mg of Ibuprofen which is prescription strength... it has an anti-inflammatory in it so it's going to work better than Tylenol or aspirin. Well, Snowboarding.... I "just know this kinda stuff" too... and if you would have read what she wrote, the prescription was HERS that the dentist had given to her when her wisdom teeth were removied. So it was HER prescription... not someone else's. And even if the pills have expired, they aren't going to kill her.. they'll just be weaker and won't have the same affect. And she was just asking if it was ok to take for her toothache... she didn't ask for a dissertation on her condition.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment