Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oral surgery coverage?

My husband went to the dentist today, and he is covered on my dental insurance, and he's been sent to see an oral surgeon scheduled for next week. There's a possibility that he will have to have his wisdom teeth pulled, which will require general anesthesia. Is something like this covered on medical insurance, or is it still dental? Dental insurance is a joke anyway with only allowing 1000.00 a year maximum, and I hate to know what this would cost if it's not covered. Any light that can be shed would be appreciated.
--------------------
I have this great plan that includes oral surgeon procedures. I typically use this very affordable plan when my insurance company doesn't cover or I have met my limits for the year like in your case. www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 5 years ago now and they have saved me thousands on all services. Wisdom teeth run around $1000-$1500. I don't exactly remember how much I paid for mine years ago, I believe its around $500 or so using this great plan. They even had my benefits active in 2 hours and was able to use it the very same day.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment