Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Child support/ insurance help?

My ex and I recently went to court to settle child support and visitation. I am the custodial parent and he is required to pay child support as well as maintain insurance on our daughter. $200 was deducted from the monthly amount he had to pay to compensate for him having to pay insurance. This is supposed to cover medical AND dental as stipulated in the court agreement. I received a bill in the mail for $81. I don't know why I received the bill if he has to pay it, and also, he did not obtain dental insurance for our daughter. As far as I'm concerned, he is in contempt of court. Even if he did get medical and dental insurance, the cost would not even be $100 a month. So why did $200 get taken off of the child support he has to pay? The plan is a 750 BCBS and it's not ideal. $40 copay, $750 deduct, I have to pay 80% of emergency care. I feel like I should get a say in what plan he obtains because I will be paying half of the medical bills. He already got $200 off his support, so why should he be able to get off with paying $81 a month? What should I do to go about correcting this?
--------------------
Your ex is playing games with you and you shouldn't have trusted him about the amount he was going to pay for insurance. Get your lawyer and go back to court to get this straightened out. And make sure the quality of the insurance is worked out in great detail, including who is to pay for any co-payments that are required if the insurance policy is inadequate. This isn't about you but about your child so fight for her! Get a lawyer now and don't give him any breaks as he doesn't deserve any. And he should be ashamed of short-changing his own child like that! Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment