Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Orthodontic insurance covering adult braces?

This goes along with the question I asked yesterday. I am a 28 year old who was just told that I really need braces for bite issues that will only get worse without them! As I said in my other question, my husband got very upset when I told him the cost and insisted I not get them here but in his hometown in Mexico. Anyway, I am a health care worker at a hospital and I have a very good dental insurance plan but, they revise every year and unless you change your coverage they only send you a letter saying you are covered under dental. Nothing in detail about the plan unless you decided to change it that year. I kept my coverage that I had last year because it has always been just fine. Well at the Orthodontist office they informed me that my insurance no longer covered adult orthodontics, only children. Now they went up on all the regular dentist benefits and pay 80% of almost all dental procedures, and cover yearly cleanings and, exams and, any x-rays you might need at these appointments. They also cover 50% of things like extractions, root canals and, crowns. All this makes it worth keeping my insurance but, I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that offers insurance that will cover adult orthodontics and at least some of the cost of my braces? I live in South Carolina if that makes a difference. Please any answers would be a big help!
--------------------
I would encourage a visit to this website: www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 5 years ago now and have saved me thousands. I got my braces at 20 years old. They cost me $2200 with this great plan which included adult braces. All services are included in this very affordable plan. They even had my benefits active in 2 hours and was able to use it the very same day. Hope this helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment