Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I am a Veteran in Need of Dental... Help!?

I just arrived back from Iraq about a year ago and need lots of dental work done on my mouth, but can not recieve dental insurance through my work or school. I am however covered medically through the VA but not with Dental. I don't mind purchasing insurance but I need some that covers me for a lot of work. If it matters, my ETS date is May 21, 2008. I also would not mind paying cash for it but I would have to take out a loan and my credit isn't good enough for that and I can't find a cosigner. Please help a California Veteran of Opperation Iraqi Freedom!
--------------------
Do you know specifically what type of work is needed? Is it just minor fillings or major work like crowns & root canals & such? Check into Tri-Care as mentioned. But question the benefits. Some policies will require a waiting period on major work, some up to 12 months. If this is the case, it may not be worth trying to get insurance. If insurance doesn't seem to be feasible, check to see if there is a dental school near you. Dental students at varying levels have certain requirements that must be met. You will have to be evaluated and accepted into their program, but it can save you big $$$. You may also check w/ the VA to see if there are any dentists in your area that may do the work for veterans at a discounted rate or even for free. I think it is a shame that after what you have done that our armed services do not provide you with better care. THANK YOU for serving me & my country.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment