Sunday, June 26, 2011

Can my family doctor (not dentist) help with wisdom tooth pain?

Right now, my health insurance doesn't include dental, but I am having horrible wisdom tooth pain and need to do something. I think it might be infected. I'm afraid to call my regular medical doctor, that he'll tell me I need to see a dentist, which I just can't afford right now, without insurance..... So, will a regular doctor be able to prescribe me anything, like pain medication and antibiotics?
--------------------
depends on the relationship you have with your doctor. personally, my doc is great and I've know him for 15 years or so. He's even seen me for free when i didn't have insurance one time. I'd say yes. Schedule an appointment, tell him/her the situation and they can probably write you for an antibiotic and some vicoden. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment