Sunday, June 26, 2011

I went to the ER for pain, now the insurance says I have to pay for it? Can anyone help w/ info?

I went to the ER for help the other night, because my jaw and neck were swollen and I was in a great deal of pain. I advised the registrar that I didn't have much money, so only wanted services that were covered under my insurance. She said, "I qualified" and had me seen by a DR. The dr. stuck his finger in my mouth, and announced that I had gingivitis and prescribed some antibiotics for it. It actually turned out that I was getting my Wisdom Tooth. My insurance refuses to pay for it, because it was diagnosed as a dental problem. Anyone got any advice? Seems like if I'm in pain, and don't know it's a dental problem, I shouldn't have to pay 800.00 to find out that's what it is. Anyone know who to talk with or what to do, to help me out? THANKS!
--------------------
800 dollars?!?!? or 80? yeah talk to them. they should pay for it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment