Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dental Hygienist or Physical Therapist?

Which profession is better in terms of job demands and health care insurance? I have 24 hours to make a major decision and your answers will partake in this life-changing decision. I can either pursue the dental hygiene starting Fall of 2009 and complete it by Spring of 2011 or continue my Biology Major which I have two years left of, graduating in Spring of 2011 and pursue Physical Therapy which will take three additional years, which if I get in the program I will finish in approx. Spring 2014. Should I grab onto the dental hygiene opportunity or prolong my studies and believe that hard work will pay off? Please help!!!
--------------------
Ok this may become a bias decision on my behalf. Do what u enjoy. Dental hygiene becomes real repeatative. Trust me. J this is M.Davis. I wouldve answered ur question on facebook but oh well. Becoming an hygienist does bring it's benifits. If your working for a private practice then your only supervision is the dentist and only rarely would they over see ur work. They pay is fairly decent. Insurance purposes may vary on who your employer is. UF offers me many great benifits, but I've never been offered any from a private practice. Mind you that I'm only an assistant. I don't kno much about physical therapy cuz I'm n the dental field. But job demand for Hygiene is fairly high. Being accepted into hygiene school is the hardest part. Dr. Maria Hagen DDS was first a hygienist, she brought to my attention it took her 3 years to be accepted, so think about that one as well. But with all else said they are both rewarding professions with instant gratification you cannot go wrong either way in my opinion. Be easy and if u ever have questions just ask. And when they day finally comes when I'm a dentist and you decide hygiene, I'd love to have you :). Luv ya girl
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment