Sunday, June 26, 2011

Question about dental infection and keflex?

I had a bridge done a few years ago and have been havinga severe, and I mean asevere infection in it for about 2 years now. When it acts up my face swells, my eye swells almost closed and my eye turns black. I have been using amoxicillian (fish mox) to keep the infection under control when it flares up as I don't have insurance and cannot afford to have it fixed. For the past few months (since the last infection) I have a lump under my eye and have lost vision in the eye as well. I can see but if I cover the other eye everything is a complete blur I cannot make anything out. I am afraid this is from the dental infection. I have saved enough money to have my upper teeth pulled (I am afraid of this happening again so want to just get it over with at once as I have quit a few crowns and two bridges, I had these done before my husband lost his job and we had insurance now cannot afford repairs) since I have been taking the amoxicillian for the infection for the last couple of years I am trying Keflex (fish flex forte) this time at 4 X a day 500 mg. Is this enough to make sure the infection is all gone before having the teeth pulled or should I take more. Please don't say see a dentist or doctor because if I do I won't have the money to have the work done. Thanks
--------------------
What is your life worth? You say please do not say to go to a dentist or a doctor and then you ask for advice. Here's some advice. Every time you take antibiotics they become less effective. Pretty soon you will have developed super resistant bacteria that no antibiotic will touch. Antibiotics will not cure infection if the cause of the infection is not taken care of. What do you want someone to tell you. Swish holy water from Lourdes in your mouth and hope for a miracle cure? So after fooling around with antibiotics for a couple of years it comes down to the fact that you either beg, borrow or steal the money to see a dentist, go to a free clinic, find a dental school, and have the bad teeth extracted. Not ideal but the least expensive and at least you will return to health without any more risk of dying.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment