Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dentist or Dental Experts?

I finally got dental coverage for my son. He is 6 yrs old. I took him to the dentist, x-rays where done, doc told me there needs to be 11 teeth extracted due to severe cavities. Now there is an issue, according to Doc, insurance will cover procedure but not the general Anestassia. Claiming due to the amount of teeth being remove this is a must! Making me super stressed b/c I don't know where to get this money. As it is my wages have been cut!! General Anesthesia is about 425.00 (x2; two sittings) a total of 850.00! Money I don't have. So, I'm wondering if this is a must (general anesthesia) or can local sedation is enough to go trough the procedure..... PLEASE HELPPP!!!!
--------------------
Based strictly on your description and the age of the child, I would follow the recommendations. He already has major problems and they need not be compounded by a very traumatic dental experience without proper anesthesia. I would want the best possible care and would not try to cut corners with sedation, which is very dangerous on a young child. Though it may hurt financially, do the right thing....it is your child! Good Luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment