Thursday, June 30, 2011

Forgot to waive health insurance... help!?

I am a college student in my first year. I get about 100 spam emails a day, so I don't read my student emails unless they are from a professor. Anyways I got a health insurance card today from Aetna (along with a bill for $473) because I did not waive my health insurance by the "deadline" Even though I am fully covered medical and dental under my parents. I called Aetna on the phone and told them I am covered and they basically said to bad. I went to the school and they said the same thing. Is there anyway they can make me pay the bill?
--------------------
That's not done via email. That's one of the little "gotchas" that the schools charge you for. It would have been in your registration paperwork.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment