Thursday, June 30, 2011

No Health Insurance But Might Have Strep?

Any idea on how to cure a sore, swollen throat with more than just warm tea? Basically about 45 minutes ago, my throat started feeling scratchy, and now it hurts to breath. Having had strep before many times with health insurance, I know that it hurts bad and costs a bunch to cure. Now that I have no health insurance, and have $0.00 in my bank account thanks to a $500.00 Car Repair, and a $1000.00 Dental Surgery in 3 weeks, I need some way to get my throat better and my immune system up. Should I take a vitamin D with 1000 IU? If I do have strep, than I'm basically screwed because I cannot afford any kind of health insurance or doctor visit. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--------------------
No suggestions on how you can obtain money for treatment but strep needs to be treated. Treating Strep Throat In most cases, doctors prescribe about 10 days of antibiotic medication to treat strep throat. Within about 24 hours after taking the antibiotics, temperature will probably be back to normal, and you will no longer be contagious. By the second or third day after taking antibiotics, the other symptoms should start to go away, too. Even though you may not feel sick at that point, it's very important that you finish the antibiotic prescription. If you stop taking antibiotics too soon, bacteria can remain in the throat and the symptoms can return. If you are not treated for strep throat, you are most infectious when the symptoms are the most severe but could remain contagious for up to 21 days. Lack of treatment - or not finishing the prescribed course of antibiotics - also could put you at risk for other health problems, such as rheumatic fever (which can cause permanent damage to the heart), scarlet fever, blood infections, or kidney disease.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment