Thursday, June 30, 2011

Is there an Emercency Health Care Insurance Plan?

I am 25 and do not have health insurance, nor can I afford it. I would however, like to get a insurance for just emergency care. Recently I found a company that offered a $700 deductible for $60 a month for emergency health and dental care but the site was down for repair at the time and I have since lost it. I remember searching under "emergency health insurance" and "major medical insurance". Is there a proper name for what I am looking for and does it exist? I could care less about doctor visits right now, I am healthy and if need be can pay out of pocket for a doctors visit. I am just worried about the big stuff that could sink me in debt for a long time. It appears that the temporary insurance seems to be one solution, but I would have to keep getting temporary insurance from different providers. I have shopped around and all the sites seem like scams, all they want is your e-mail address so they can send you spam, and I am the only person among family and friends that does not have a job that provides health care so I cannot ask them. Thank you
--------------------
What you are looking for is insurance that has a high deductible but if you were to have an accident, have a heart attack, be diagnosed with a chronic disease such as diabetes, RA, Lupus, etc. Believe me, it can happen. My son woke one morning at the age of 14 yrs old with type 1 diabetes and I woke one morning 5 years ago with RA, both expensive, incurable and chronic diseases. It would have been very difficult to get any insurance once these were diagnosed. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment