Saturday, July 2, 2011

added my newborn to my insurance after 30 days?

help ! after i had my new baby things wre so hectic for me. he had jaundice and in and out of doctors.. my toddler had dental promblems . i had post partum issues myself and by the time i called to add baby to insurance it was abt 12 days after the 30 day period . my insurance is united healthcare thru my previous employer that im currently on cobra with.. they denied adding my newborn and said they wll send me a letter so i can appeal but im afraid that wont help . any advice on what i can do .. i cant imagine nt hvng insurance for my baby..especially we just got home from the hospital yestrday bcz he has broncholitus .. so i wl be billed for that . i know i called to add him late but hopeflly there gtta be something i can do. i means its for a child i live california .. any advice on how to handle this
--------------------
No can do. You're not going to win that appeal. See, those are IRS laws that say you HAVE to add the baby within 30 days. Everyone says "you can file an appeal", but to get that baby added, the insurance company would have to break IRS laws. And they're not going to do that for you. Sorry.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment