Saturday, July 2, 2011

How can I disenroll myself from Tricare?

my husband went UA and I dont wish to receive Tricare anymore. I have a new insurance that I am happy with which covers medical and dental, however, tricare is REFUSING to remove me from their service. What can I do?
--------------------
The problem is that as far as TRICARE is concerned, your husband (the service member) is the one that has signed up his family for coverage. The dilemma is that the military (based on the term UA, I assume he is Navy) mandates that members provide suitable medical coverage for their families; so since he signed you up, only he can disenroll you, without some sort of exceptional effort. That is so that a disgruntled dependent can't claim non-coverage, or run up high medical bills for a member to pay. On the other hand - you don't have to use TRICARE. It will be there, and most insurance companies will consider it an additional supplemental insurance. But if you make no claim, there should be no problem. Have you asked the regional TRICARE folks how to disenroll? You can try the link below.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment