Sunday, July 24, 2011

Removel of silver fillings in teeth..?

I have silver fillings that i have had since i was little. I want to have them removed especially the ones on my back lower teeth they are gross looking and ugly.I want to have white ones put in to replace them. The rest of my teeth look good. i have a few fillings on top but not worried about those just yet. So my ? is has anyone had this done and how much did it cost. I do not have dental insurance where i work. So i will be paying out of pocket.
--------------------
While white fillings have their place and are constantly improving, there are some drawbacks in removing good silver fillings and replacing them with bonded fillings. First, when old fillings are removed, it is impossible not to also remove some tooth structure. This will result in a tooth that is somewhat weaker. Then white fillings are very technique sensitive and if not done to perfection, they can become very sensitive for a period of time after their placement. And lastly, they will not last as long as a silver filling. So you should keep this in mind as possible negatives to randomly replacing a silver filling just for looks. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment