Sunday, July 24, 2011

socket pain months after extraction....?

I had an upper back molar pulled about 6 months ago. I still cannot chew on that side because the tooth socket is still really tender and if I accidentally bite on something sharp in that spot, it is excruciatingly painful. I'm going to have to wait to go to the dentist after January 1 because my dental insurance is maxed out for this year. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know what could be going on? I had my wisdom teeth extracted and never had problems with pain in the socket areas long after.
--------------------
That is a knife edged interdental bone. Usually, bone will regress days after it has been extracted. Depending on the porousity, sometims it retains its shape. It is also possible that a portion of your tooth is yet to be taken out. Hope this helps.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment