Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another Deadbeat Dad Question...?

My Ex Husband is required based on our divorce decree to pay his share of my daughters medical and dental bills. He makes significantly more money than me so his share is more. The decree states that I pay, send him the receipts and he has 10 days to pay me back. So i sent him the receipts for what the dental insurance didnt pay for certified mail but he never picked it up, so technically I guess he never received it. He knows if it comes from me its probably the receipts for her braces which is going to cost him money. So I'm wondering if certified mail isn't working and i dont really know whether he is going to drag this out and make me take him to court or not. So what's a good way to deliver the mail to get it in his hands-- if he doesnt want to get it??
--------------------
send it UPS and get a signature to show it was received. They won't deliver to a PO box. if he refuses the shipments then get a hold of your lawyer. Just because he didn't pick it up doesn't mean he doesn't want to pay the bill. Sending mail to a PO box is not the right way to do it...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment