Thursday, August 18, 2011

Would you go to the ER for a toothache?

I have a front tooth which a dentist 3 years ago was going to do a root canal in. Once the drill touched, though, I went through the roof and he decided to cure the infection first, and try again later. Later, I lost my dental insurance. There is a hole in the back of my tooth where the drill hit it. I now feel a bump under the back of my gums (I think a wisdom tooth is trying to come out) and the tooth with the hole is giving me CRAZY amounts of pain! My entire jaw is throbbing and I haven't even attempted to sleep because I know I can't. I have no insurance, still, but this hurts soooo badly, and I have to do something! Anyway, I don't even know if the ER is somewhere a person would go with something like this. Help?!
--------------------
I would not go to the ER simply because I will have to pay for that ER visit which wont resolve the issue and still have to go to a dentist anyway. I'd rather just go straight to a dentist. You can go in to a dentist for a check up and the dentist will let you know what's up and how much it will be. You can take it from there. Call the dental office up and tell them you are in pain and they will more than likely take you in that day or the next.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment