Thursday, August 18, 2011

Do I have a infected tooth?

My right molar is always throbbing severely, constantly. I haven't chewed anything on that side of my mouth since my son was born two years ago, and about a week ago while chewing a single strand of grated cheese (forgot that, that side of my mouth was messed up) I went into excruciating pain, and the pain has not eased up at all...Here's what my tooth looks like: There is a hole that's the shape of the letter "t" and is dark colored inside (kind of like the gristle inside of a chicken bone) also its very sharp at the edges of the hole, At the gum line of that particular tooth its turning purple and the tooth is starting to chip away (again at the gum line) The entire right side of my face, neck and jaw is always hurting, and I don't have dental insurance. I already spoke with 2 different dental offices and the only way they would look at my tooth is by me paying at least 75% up front, and I wont be able to afford that for another 3-4 months if I'm lucky :( Is my tooth infected? Would I need an extraction, or a root canal? Also, what can I do for the pain? (currently I been taking two 325mg of aspirin every 5-6hours, I gargle 91% alcohol, then gargle anti-bacterial mouth wash, after that I submerge the tooth in a combination of clove bud oil, menthol, and eugnol...This method gives me about 4 hours of complete numbness just until I have a sip of cold water or something.) Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks
--------------------
This tooth sounds like it is headed down the road to extraction. See if you have a clinic in your area, or county hospital with a dental clinic so that you can get this out. Infections like this can kill people. Please see if there is some way to get it out of there. Your son needs his mom.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment