Thursday, August 18, 2011

How can I get my Mom to go to the dentist?

My mom is in her fifties and has not been to the dentist in years. She is missing a tooth in front (which she puts dental wax in to make it less noticeable) I have been trying to convince her to make an appointment but she won't. We have dental insurance. Every time I try to talk to her about it she brushes it off or gets mad. I know the last time She went the dentist embarrassed her by saying something insensitive. We have gotten a new dentist since then. I really don't know what to do and I just want her to be healthy. Please help!
--------------------
All you can say is; There are people just like you who go to the dentist, and they're OK. If you just try; for me. I don't want you to get sick and gum disease has been linked to other medical conditions that can affect your organs. If that doesn't work I would try reverse psychology after around 2 or 3 weeks have passed. Say; Mum I'd ask you to get you're teeth fixed but I know you won't ever go, in fact I bet you would'nt even make an appointment! She will think about it for sure.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment