Friday, August 26, 2011

Brushing Teeth once a day instead of twice.?

Hi, this has been very confusing. I posted a question similar to this. My family, all of them, brush their teeth once a day with minimal teeth care, and never have cavities when they go to their checkups. Me on the otherhand, I brush my teeth for 6 minutes morning and night. I rinse and clean my mouth after everytime I eat, and use mouthwash once at night. Yet I keep getting one cavity after another, right now I think I have 2. I'm coming to the decision I have my mom's sensitive teeth and brushing my teeth is causing more harm to me than good, Would anyone back up my idea of only brushing the teeth once a day? to let the Enamels of my teeth Strengthen. This is important because I have no Dental Insurance and health bills are eating up my god damn wallet.
--------------------
The research has shown that a very thorough plaque removal ( long rushing and flossing) can be done once every 24 to 36 hours. Most gumline sensitivity is actually a side effect of clenching one's teeth while asleep. Aggressive brushing can then lead to wear at the gum line area (other things wear the area as well.) Gentle (soft bristle), but thorough brushing and flossing is the answer. People that don't get cavities just don't have alot of the type of bacteria that cause them. Many people can be prone to gum disease later in life however.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment