Friday, August 26, 2011

What procedures will I have to go through to fix my tooth?

A small bit of a filling came out of my molar a couple months ago, and since I did not have dental insurance, I couldn't afford to fix it (they said it would need a crown). However, now a large piece of the tooth has broken off and I can afford to fix it. After it broke off, I brushed my teeth to clean it out. As I brushed, I noticed a lot of brownish red stuff of slightly hard material was coming out of it with the brush. Was that the tooth pulp and does that mean the tooth is dead? Is the tooth repairable or will it need to be completely replaced?
--------------------
if it's tooth pulp chances are you'll feel pain. only after your dentist look at it again, he'll evaluate whether the tooth is salvageable. If there's still a good portion of the tooth remain a crown may still be made. If the tooth was broken down straight to the root(not so likely in your case, usually hurts when this happens) then it's hard to save the tooth. There's always option to restore the space if the tooth must be pulled. Go see your dentist again. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment