Friday, August 26, 2011

Can I die from my tooth infection?

Hello, All 4 wisdom teeth of mine have cavities, are infected and causing great pain. They have been infected for the past few months I believe, but I just got my dental insurance. I am getting all 4 extracted tomorrow. I was no prescribed anti-biotics. I was wondering, how do we know this infection didn't spread to my bloodstream, heart or brain yet? Can I die from this? Should I seek further treatment after the teeth are out tomorrow? Thanks so much, Adam
--------------------
It is theoretically possible but you are not that likely to have any lingering problem since they will be extracted tomorrow. In this area the major hospitals are starting sections where they have a full time dentist on staff to look for exactly those problems since you really can get an infection leading to heart failure - they do take it seriously.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment