Sunday, August 21, 2011

Has anyone dealt with decalcification with their preschooler?

I was having a cavity filled and my 3 year old was with me so I took advantage and asked my dentist to please take a look at his front tooth which I had noticed a couple of weeks ago had a brown kind of chipped looking area on it. I was scared it was the start of a cavity but the dentist said it looked like decalcification and it is pretty normal, a developmental defect he said. He didn't seem too worried and didn't say I should take him to a pediatric dentist. I don't have dental insurance for him until next January. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and how bad would it be to wait to take him to the dentist until he has insurance. If it can cause more damage then I would take him now and just pay. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.
--------------------
None of my children have ever had this but my cousins daughter did and they just let it go and she eventually lost it. I dont know for sure if there will be any effects from it in the future but im pretty damn sure that if there was something to be worried about they would have done something about it. Ask your ped. I wouldnt worry
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment