Sunday, August 21, 2011

Local anesthesia during pregnancy -is that safe?

I am 28 weeks pregnant and had recently visited my dentist for the extraction of my wisdom tooth which was causing trouble. Meanwhile he said that I need deep dental cleaning and this will be done using anesthesia again. I am not sure if its safe to take anesthesia a couple of times while I'm pregnant. pls advice. Also that I dont have dental insurance, Doc said it will cost me $400, which I can split my treatment n payment into 4/2/1 visits depending on my convenience. Is it costly?
--------------------
When you say "anesthesia," do you mean general (being unconscious) or local (shots, Novocaine etc.?) We preformed root canals using local anesthetic on pregnant patients almost daily, no risk factors. I would be somewhat apprehensive about being put out completely while pregnant though.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment