Sunday, August 21, 2011

I want invisaline... now do I go to a dentist, or orthodontist? Also...?

I havent been to the dentist in a while. I am 23 and have one super crooked tooth right next to my 2front teeth, and it is driving me more nuts and making me more insecure as I am getting older. What are my options? I don't want metal braces at my age, so is invisaline the only other option? Do I need to go to a dentist or an orthodontist? Also how does payment work if you don't have dental insurance, is this something that normally needs to be paid in full up front? or do you make payments? I am totally oblivious to all of this dental stuff! Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
--------------------
Ok. I had the same EXACT experience as you. I had metal braces for 2 years. I hated them so I took them off and went to an orthodontist to get invisalign. I had a super crooked tooth next to my 2 front teeth and the orthodontist said invisalign wouldn't be able to turn that tooth. So i'm stuck with metal braces. anyway. Q1. options- braces or invisalign Q2. yes invisalign is the only other option Q3. Orthodontist Q4. no idea- i'm only 12 years old!!! hope i helped! from, apples
Source

1 comment:

  1. Invisalign is a great way to straighten teeth! It has evolved to be more comprehensive but it REALLY is something dependent on how compliant you are as a patient. You HAVE to wear the invisalign trays in order for your treatment to have long-term success.
    And, when treatment is complete, you have to continue wearing retainers or your teeth can return to their original state! Teeth don't like to be moved a lot!
    Regarding going to an orthodontist or general dentist - it is up to you. There are some general dentists that are WONDERFUL at Invisalign...just as there are orthodontists. It is always great to have a second opinion. Usually you do have to pay up front for treatment to begin, but some offices work with different financing companies to help you get those lovely teeth you want!

    ReplyDelete