Saturday, August 6, 2011

Im in agony because of my tooth...?

i had a wisdom tooth taken out about 2 years ago. a few days after it was removed i woke up and 2 teeth over from the removed tooth one of my molar was cracked about 40%. the crack or gap is down to the gum line on the inside side of my teeth. when this happened i had dental insurance so i saw a different dentist who filled it with a long lasting temporary filling "cream" that hardened within a few hours. it is now 2 years later and that filling "cream" has now dissolved and i've been filling it on my own with Dentemp temporary filling. I have done this 3 times now because it only last about 2-3 months. in the past week it's been hurting A LOT so i figured it's time to refill it. i noticed that the old filling the dentist put it was now 100% gone and i can see black at the bottom of the tooth. i refilled it and i am still in agony. tooth pain is the worst. i dont have any insurance and am just starting a new job tonight. what are my options? should i go to the E.R? should i find a free dental clinic? or low cost dental clinic? i live in wisconsin so my options are limited. I'm a 21 year old male. thanks
--------------------
Try checking with social services in your area for referrals to dentists or dental clinics that operate on a sliding scale for payment. The only real solution for you is to get to a good dentist asap.. ER will only give you temporary relief from pain and is extremely expensive.. No one likes going to dentists, but most dentists are very understanding and nonjudgmental. They don't want to see you in pain either. Remember too, pain is your bodies way of telling you something is wrong. I understand that options may be limited, but there are always options available. That's why I suggest starting with your local United Way or other social agency to get a referral or advice for your area of the country. Good luck!. There can be life without dental pain. Tooth pain is among the worse pain I agree. Make those calls asap. The sooner you do, the sooner your teeth will be pain-free.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment