Saturday, August 6, 2011

Is $350 normal for an 'initial appointment' at a dentists office?!?

I am a York University Student and have been having an on and off again toothache on the upper right hand side of my mouth, in the last two teeth. Due to the fact that my parents do not have any kind of insurance and I have also had very expensive braces a few years ago I haven't been to the actual dentist in about 5 years . Now I have health and dental insurance from my university which covers 70% of dental costs along with another 10% off at the dental office on campus because I am a student. The receptionist said my first appointment would be thorough with X-rays and all but she said it would cost around $350, around $100 coming out of my pocket. My question is is this cost reasonable for an initial appointment or should I go somewhere else where I will only get a 70% discount? This is the dentist on campus which is closest to me. What if I go and there is a problem then I will have to pay more money to get that fixed since I have to pay tuition and also OSAP?
--------------------
call another dentist, i was told $250.00 my was with xrays also i think they have shot the price up because you have insurance, you see i don,t
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment