Saturday, August 6, 2011

Top back tooth and the one directly below it, constant ache?

Ok, so i haven't gotten my wisdom teeth out (I'm 21, gonna be 22 in a month) and i know they're effing up my alignment (had braces years ago, wore my retainer, lost it, and parents wouldn't pay for another one) so I know i need them and most likely the teeth next to them pulled. buuuut just random, not my top wisdom tooth or the one right next to it, but the one right next to that has a constant ache. it's not in my gums or anything, it's directly in my tooth i think. when i press the outside of the tooth with my tongue there's a little annoying twinge of pain and when i put my tongue in the pits and fissues, it feels like i'm biting aluminum foil or something. not really painful, just a constant sort of annoying that wasn't there until randomly today. i can eat and drink fine, but it seems to be most noticeable when i'm not eating ot drinking. i haven't had the best oral hygiene and i'm pretty sure i need a ton of teeth pulled, cavities filled, root canals, etc. i have a dentist appointment for a cleaning and check up on the 26th of this month but i haven't been to the dentist in years (5 i think) because i have an anxiety disorder that is triggered specifically by dental visits. i developed this as a young child. is there anything i can do in the interim to relieve the aching? like i said, it didn't hurt at all yesterday and all of a sudden today when i was in town shopping, i could feel it start to ache. i'm scared to death of the dentist and i'm extremely embarassed that i'm the cause of my horrible teeth. i know this sounds stupid but i'm worried my dentist is going to "look down upon me" for the condition my teeth are in. i don't have dental insurance yet, but will next month so i'm just having the cleaning and stuff done on the 26th and when im covered under military dental insurance next month hopefully, i'll have my work done when i move back to our duty station. but again, is there anything i can do in the interim? is this pain i'm feeling, guaranteed that i'll need a root canal or extraction?
--------------------
You can go to an ER and have the doctor prescribe antibiotics and pain medication.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment